Monday, October 27, 2008

Splash!!!!!


Well the swim season officially started on Friday for Mariah. She swam in the 50 freestyle, the 500 and a couple of relay races. She usually doesn't swim the 50 but she did good (she was in the fastest heat). Then in the 500 she took 4 seconds off of her best time. I know 4 seconds doesn't sound like a lot but in swimming it is. Last year from the start of the season to the end she took a whole minute off of her time. Before last year I had never been to a swim meet and I didn't realize how exciting they are. I have actually helped a high school swimmer find a scholarship so you think I would have at least been to a meet. Anyways I am excited to watch Mariah as she progresses throughout the year. I think she has a good chance of making state.

No comments: