Monday, November 3, 2008

October 24, 1987 First Date


OK this is my last post from Friday Oct. 24Th as you can see we had a very busy day with a swim meet and a soccer game. It was also an anniversary of sorts for Karrie and I. It was twenty-one years ago that Karrie and I went on our first date. Wow 21 years is that possible? Karrie was 19 and I was 21. Our first date was very spur of moment. My brother was getting ready to leave on his mission and my parents had thrown a party for him. It just so happened that the party fell on the same night as a Jazz game. My parents had season tickets so my Dad and I were going to sneak away from the party and go. But once the party got started my Dad felt like he should stay so he gave me the tickets and said I should go. But with who???? Well at the party was Robert my old priesthood advisor who I had played a lot of basket with and I thought he would love to go. So I went over to ask him, he was sitting at a table with several girls one of which was Karrie. I asked him and in his great wisdom he said that I should be taking a date not him. Well at that time Karrie said that she was going to go but came to the party instead and I said something like well do you want to go? And she said sure and off we went. In hind sight this was my first glimpse of Karrie's spontaneity and her adventurist attitude. I still remember the Jazz were playing the Philadelphia 76ers and Karrie says I don't remember anything. Other than shutting the car door on her foot the date went really good. At least from my perspective. Little did I know that night that Karrie would be the last girl I would date. I had known Karrie in high school and we had been in the same ward but I really had not seen her in over 2 years. I remembered her as a sophomore with short hair and now she was 19 long hair and she looked great. I think the first thing I noticed about Karrie was her beautiful dark brown eyes, they drew me in and have never let me go. I Love you Karrie

3 comments:

Troy said...

You are the BEST...Thank You...and Happy Anniversary! I LOVE YOU

Troy said...

That's really me posting above...Karrie

Kristy said...

Awwww too sweet!! Happy Anniversary!